среда, 28 сентября 2016 г.

The Dummies Guide to Making Strawberry Jam

The Dummies Guide to Making Strawberry Jam


The Dummies Guide to Making Strawberry Jam


Jenn,


I bet you could use this same recipe with other fruit. I live across from a peach orchard and have a lot of peaches right now. I might try this. No not get me wrong I love strawberries and this Easy Strawberry Jam looks AMAZING!


Thanks so much for sharing and making me get motivated to make real jam. Pinned! tweeted! shared!


Blessings,


Diane Roark


FOR SURE would work with any kind of fruit!!! Let me know if you try it, Diane!!


Hey there! Can you tell me how much one packet of pectin is? My pectin came in a container and I have to measure it out. Thanks!! Jennifer from Spring, Tx


I googled it and found this:


One small package of powdered pectin equals 1.75 oz. Therefore, 3 1/2 tablespoons will give you the equivalent of a package of powdered pectin.


Can this be made with Stevia instead of sugar?


I made your strawberry jam a few weeks ago and it was a HUGE hit!! I’m so glad I found it. I also signed up for your weekly emails.


I am wondering, can I also make this jam with blueberries, raspberries or peaches? Have you done it?


Thanks again!


Hi Teri – Thanks so much for your message!! I haven’t tried any other fruits, but let me ask my sister, she is the genius behind making jam!!


If it isn’t easy … it’s not on my site! If I cannot make it… it is not on my site! This easy strawberry jam recipe is proven easy – PROOF – I made it (with my sister, Julie’s supervision – come on people, she is my cooking comfort blankie!)


Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!


If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!


Super Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe


If it isn’t easy … it’s not on my site! If I cannot make it… it is not on my site! This easy strawberry jam recipe is proven easy – PROOF – I made it (with my sister, Julie’s supervision – come on people, she is my cooking security blankie!)


Here is the recipe from my cooking secruity blankie sister, Julie! She wrote it up so just like me… you could make it too!! Like I said, EASY…. the proof is in the pudding…well, jam… the proof is in the jam!


Easy Strawberry Jam


Making strawberry freezer jam is quick, easy and super satisfying. There is no dealing with jars, lids and huge pots of boiling water that are required for sterilization during regular canning.


I really like Sure-Jell Premium Fruit Pectin for less or no sugar needed recipes. It comes in a pink box and you should be able to find it easily this time of year at any grocery store. Although it is a reduced sugar recipe, trust me when I say, there is plenty of sugar in it and it is sweet enough.


The recipe that follows comes directly from the box with a few added notes from me. You must follow the instructions EXACTLY or the jam will not set up and you will end up with what is essentially strawberry syrup (also delicious, but not what we are going for here).


In addition to the ingredients below, you will also need (4) 2 cup plastic containers. They do not need to be special canning/freezing containers. You just need containers that seal well.


Strawberry Freezer Jam


4 C crushed strawberries (about 4 pints of strawberries cleaned and stemmed)


3 C sugar


1 package Sure-Jell Premium Fruit Pectin for less or no sugar needed recipes (pink box)


1 C water


Wash, rinse and dry your plastic containers so they are ready to go when your jam is finished cooking.


Clean and stem the strawberries. Crush with a potato masher or fork. I would not recommend putting them in the food processor unless you really don’t want any chunks of fruit in your jam.


Measure EXACTLY 4 cups of crushed berries into a bowl. In a separate bowl measure EXACTLY 3 cups of sugar. Add the packet of fruit pectin into the sugar and stir well to combine. Pour sugar mixture into a medium sized pot and add 1 cup of water. Stir well with a whisk. Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil over medium-high heat. Continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the crushed strawberries. Mix well to combine. Distribute into plastic containers and cover.


Let rest at room temperature, on the counter for 24 hours before placing in the refrigerator or freezer. It will last in the fridge for 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to a year.


Looking for some more EASY recipes?:


Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!


If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!


Original article and pictures take http://princesspinkygirl.com/easy-strawberry-jam site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий