четверг, 21 июля 2016 г.

Make Fresh Strawberry Syrup!

Make Fresh Strawberry Syrup!


Make Fresh Strawberry Syrup!


Oh my freakin’ goodness! How easy and what memories to create when you invite friends and family over to experience it with you!


Definitely! Everyone will remember the time they had brunch with that “Strawberry Syrup” ��


There is so many things you can do once you have strawberries and simple syrup together. You can mix it in with finely crushed ice for the best drink ever. Thanks for the recipe.


I never thought of mixing it with finely crushed ice – that sounds divine! I’m definitely going to have to try that!


That looks absolutely amazing…As soon as strawberries come into season, I’m going to have to try this!


Yes, please do! you will love it!


Everything looks so beautiful and yummy! I’m hungry now ��


Thank you Diana! Amazing how pictures have a way of making us hungry – I’m hungry all over again too!


I love strawberry season, my favorite farm opens next week. I will definitely be making this for my kiddos! Thanks, looks delicious!


So fun to get strawberries from a farm! Enjoy with your kids!


This would have went great with the plain New York style cheesecake I had yesterday.


What a great idea to put on cheesecake – yummy!!!


That looks so delish and your pictures are amazing. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow and I think I may just pick up some strawberries. ��


Thanks Danielle! And yes, please pick up the strawberries, you won’t regret it!!!


Gorgeous! Perfect for waffles with fresh whipped cream! Pinning!


Mmmm, that sounds so good right now! Thanks Sarah!


Looks scrumptious!


This is going into my collection for my mother’s visit later this month. She loves strawberry syrup on her breakfast and ice cream. This will be a great treat. Thank you for sharing!


You are most welcome Debra! You are so thoughtful to be preparing for your mother’s visit with her favorite things!


could you put this is a small crockpot and let it cook and reduce? how long do you think it needs to cook?


Hi Amie, thanks for visiting! I definitely think you could try it in a crockpot. I really don’t have any experience making only sauces in a crockpot, so to be completely honest, I really am not sure. I think it would have to some time though because the syrup is simmered straight for 15 minutes. I am sorry I am of absolutely no help! Good luck!


This looks delicious and has so many possibilities. However, I’m a newbie. Would I be able to can this? Thanks!


Absolutely! Simply follow the super easy instructions and you can’t go wrong! I’m excited for you to do it! First its Strawberry Syrup and then its caramel!


Hi Lindsey, I am sorry, I totally mis-read your question! To answer your intended question – the answer is yes! You should be able to can this �� Thanks Lindsey!


Would this freeze well do you think and then thaw well for fun use? Kids and I picked lots of berries today and I would love to make some batches of this to freeze for later!


I am so sorry it took me a couple days to get back to you Sarah! I have been out of town at a conference with very limited time! Yes, I believe this would freeze just fine! You might have to add a little water when you thaw it – but I think it will be delicious! Depending on your preferred consistency, you can also puree the syrup as well ��


I meant for “future” use.


How long will it last in the Fridge? Thank you!


Hi Linda! It should last 1 week in the fridge. You can always freeze it after that – but I don’t think it will last any longer ��


Could I use frozen berries for this recipe?


Hi Linda, I believe frozen berries should work just fine! Enjoy!


I’m going to have to try this!!


Thanks, I think you’ll love it!


Hi, the strawberry syrup sounds amazing. Do you know if this could be canned for later use?


Thanks Charity! I think this syrup should be able to be canned without any problem. Enjoy!


I loved a dish growing up that was sliced up bananas in a strawberry sauce/syrup, I wonder if this is similar to it?


mmmmm, that sounds amazing! It definitely could be and if its not – it would make a delicious variation! You might have to try it and let me know what you think!


I have made a version of this recipe for a year now, but I never added vanilla and lemon juice before. Since I am not allowed to eat the seeds, and there are hundreds, I first blend the cooked strawberries and then strain them with a flour sifter. It comes out perfect!


I eat low carb, so I make it with a surgar free sweetener and add some thick it up. It’s great over low carb ice cream, topped off with whipped cream.


Hi Ronnie! I think you will love the addition of the vanilla and lemon juice, I always love these two ingredients with my fruit syrups! I love how you have modified the syrup by taking out the seeds and using a sugar free sweetener – sounds delicious and I am so happy you can still have it even on a low carb diet!


This syrup is a winner! SO easy, sweet, fresh and perfect! Thank you for such a delicious recipe!


You are so welcome Lauren, so happy you love it!


Hii…thanks for this recipe… Excited to try it out with pancakes for breakfast.. Just wondering I don’t have vanilla.. I have vanilla ice cream though, what else can I use?


Thanks ☺️


Hi Unie! If you don’t have vanilla extract I would just leave it out – it will still taste delicious!


This is absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing!


You are so welcome Tammy! Glad you are enjoying it!


I’m making it now! So simple and so good ��


I’d share a pic if I could


The best kind of recipe! So happy you are liking it!


How would i store this?


sorry for the delay in getting back you as I was out of the country for over a week without internet. This syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. If not used by then, you can freeze it.


This is so delicious! Definatitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing.


You are so welcome, so happy its a keeper – the ultimate compliment! Have a great weekend!


This looks delicious, can’t wait to try…one question: No water? Wouldn’t it dry?


Hi Dulce! The strawberries release their natural juices – a surprising amount actually – as they cook so there is no need for water. Enjoy!


do you think if I made this on the thicker side, it would be good as cake filling? Making my daughters first birthday cake and she loves strawberries!!!


Oh my yes! and it would be delicious on top too! Happy birthday to your daughter!


Going to try this, but use rasberries instead of strawberries


I love that idea!!!


What do you mean “vanilla ” ? Like the powder ?


vanilla extract ��


How do you get it to thicken up, I tried it but it never got thick, I even added 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Am I not cooking long enough. Help….


Hi Renee, it sounds like you just need to cook longer. Keep simmering until it thickens- it will definitely reduce after some time.


One of the things I found to help thicken it up is to cool the pot on some ice while stirring the syrup. It only took about 5 minutes and was delicious on top of chocolate angel food cake with some vanilla ice cream.


Thank you so much for such a great tip Steven! Can’t wait to try it!


Oh yes…Easy Fresh Strawberry Syrup.


‘Tis the season of strawberries! Strawberry season always makes me so excited because it means summer is just around the corner! Which means, warm beach days, warmish beach water (at least warm enough for a spring suit, I’m a wimp), and for Carlsbad locals and Legoland tourist, it means fresh strawberry picking in the strawberry fields!


Rows and rows of fresh, plump, sweet strawberries, just begging to be plucked and appreciated…


I think I can do that.


So what do you do with all those hand-picked fresh strawberries you might ask? (or store bought fresh strawberries that were picked for you? �� )


Make Fresh Strawberry Syrup!


Strawberry Syrup pairs perfectly with ice cream or even better – an ice cream brownie sundae (insane!), on top of cheesecake, in slushies as well as instantly elevates any pancake, waffle, crepe or French toast into something you would pay an arm and a leg for at an overpriced French cafe, which you gladly do because every bite of sweet syrupy goodness is practically priceless.


Priceless I tell you.


But wait! You can indulge your entire family or brunch guests to gourmet dining by making this Fresh Strawberry Syrup in your own home, simply by simmering 4 ingredients in one pot – doesn’t get any easier than this!


And in 15 short minutes, you have this…


Which then can drown this Angel Food Cake and Cream Cheese French Toast – my personal favorite way to eat this mouthwatering Fresh Strawberry Syrup – you don’t want to miss it!


Mmmmmmmmmmmm!


Because strawberry season means sweet strawberry bliss!


Syrup adapted from Paula Dean


Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:


You might also like:


Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes


Strawberry Shortcakes with Lemon Curd Whipped Cream


Original article and pictures take http://www.carlsbadcravings.com/fresh-strawberry-syrup site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий