понедельник, 27 июня 2016 г.

I am so over store bought salsa.

I am so over store bought salsa.


I am so over store bought salsa.


I am so over store bought salsa.


I have had this feeling for a while now and try to make my own salsa whenever possible, but finally the other night, I bought enough ingredients to use with dinner and to have a full jar of homemade salsa to enjoy later. I suppose it’s more of a pico de gallo because I love chunky salsa (and guacamole for that matter too!) so there was no use of a food processor- just a lot of chopping! If you like it a little less chunky, a pulse or two in the food processor would be perfect.


6 tomatoes


3 jalapenos (warning: hot)


1 medium white onion


½ a medium red onion


1 cup cilantro (I’m a fiend- so a little less if you aren’t)


5 cloves garlic


3 limes juice (hell, I even threw in some of the pulp)


1 tbsp cumin


1 tsp sea salt (More can always be added but not taken away!)


1 tsp chili powder


Optional/Seasonal:


1 cup (2-3 ears) of grilled/pan fried corn. If pan frying it, try putting in 3 tbsps of pineapple juice and 2 tbsp EVOO. Since you are using pans now, I would probably add the garlic, salt, ½ the cilantro, cumin and chili powder now.


Sweeten it up with some diced fruit of your choice- pineapple, mango, peach etc.


Original article and pictures take http://biddytalk.tumblr.com/post/5866434652 site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий