среда, 23 марта 2016 г.

Easy Persimmon Jam Recipe

Easy Persimmon Jam Recipe


Easy Persimmon Jam Recipe


Looks interesting, and very seasonal


Oh I bet this spread is delicious on cheesecake! My goodness! I can not wait to try this! Yum!


Yes Jess, wait of it, the cheesecake turned amazing, can’t wait to publish it!


I adore persimmons too. This would be marvelous on some homemade bread.


OMG I have to make some homemade bread to have with this jam!


This sounds and looks divine ! That color -absolutely gorgeous, can’t get over how inviting it is !


Thanks girl!


Love persimmons, had my first persimmon about few weeks ago. Now i just cant stop eating them. This is easy recipe definitely will try to make the jam.


Same happened to me Jenny, once I tried my first persimmon it was love at first bite.


Does this preserve well without pectin? Ive seen a few recipes with it and people seemed to have trouble with it, oorit turned their jam super hard. Your recipe seems the best though and would love to try it, but I am shipping it and need it to last a while. Thanks!


Hi Kila, this is more of a freezer jam type of recipe, it stores really well in the freezer when sealed in sterilized jars. I actually kept a jar in my refrigerator for 2 weeks, while eating the jam, and it was fresh and delicious during that whole period. If your package won’t travel for too long, you can seal the jam in sterilized jars and ship it. But you have to consider for how long it will travel. You can go ahead and add a little pectin, but it will change the texture making it a little more jelly like.


[…] GET THE RECIPE […]


A very easy Persimmon Jam Recipe that can be used in cheesecakes or just spreaded on toast. This recipe will be ready in 35 minutes with only 4 ingredients.


Happy Monday my friends, how was your weekend? Mine was as usual, some working, some baking, napping with my sweet boy and eating way too much. I am starting the week with an easy Persimmon Jam recipe that you must definitely try!


I love persimmons so much, when I was still living in Moldova I remember buying these beauties wholesale with my parents. And by wholesale I mean that we were getting 30-40. We were just purely obsessed with them.


You are lucky that you only need 6 for this easy Persimmon Jam recipe because here in the states they cost way too much. The key to this easy Persimmon Jam recipe is to get ripe persimmons, otherwise you will get that unpleasantly astringent flavor and fuzzy texture. Don’t worry if you can’t find ripe persimmons at you local store, you can just buy them, and place them on your counter in a brown paper bag, they will be done in a few days. For this recipe I recommend very ripen persimmons, to the point of mushy.


This fruit is pure perfection to me, I love the color, the sweet taste and the aroma. The pulp is so sweet and delicious, I actually like to eat the skin as well. The easy Persimmon Jam recipe will leave you with a few cups of fabulous persimmon jam, that you can enjoy on buttery toast, biscuits, popovers or pancakes. The jam is also amazing in cheesecakes – keep an eye on the blog, I have an amazing one to share.


I also had some on top of oatmeal, and my son just basically eats it by spoon!


With just a few ingredients you can make this easy Persimmon Jam recipe so you can have it on had for many delicious recipes. By the way, try this jam with a sharp cheddar cheese, the combination is amazing. Or pour it on some melted goat cheese and top it with some nuts, you will see how mind blowing this combo is!


Enjoy!


A very easy Persimmon Jam Recipe that can be used in cheesecakes or just spreaded on toast. This recipe will be ready in 35 minutes with only 4 ingredients.


Peel the persimmons, chop and place in a food processor. Pulse until you are left with a smooth puree.


Transfer persimmon puree into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add the sugar. Boil for 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.


In a small bowl, mix water and corn starch until the corn starch is dissolved. Add the mixture to the persimmon puree followed by the lemon juice and boil on low - medium heat for another 15 minutes, (stirring occasionally), or until slightly thickened.


Let the jam cool down to room temperature.


Pour into sterilized jars and seal, store in the freezer. Or pour into mason jars, that can be closed airtight and store in the refrigerator for immediate consumption.


You can comment with your Facebook Profile!


Original article and pictures take http://peasandpeonies.com/2015/11/easy-persimmon-jam-recipe site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий