четверг, 10 марта 2016 г.

DIY Cloche Made From Dome Clock and Cheese Ball Tray

DIY Cloche Made From Dome Clock and Cheese Ball Tray


DIY Cloche Made From Dome Clock and Cheese Ball Tray


This looks inspiring & easy to make. I like the step by step photos. Thanks for sharing. #WAYWOW.


It always amazes me how creative some people are! This is such a good idea. I’m off to a car boot sale in October, so I’m going to be on the look out for candle sticks and old clocks! I’m always wanting to buy cloches but I’m always put off by the price! Thanks for the ideas and for linking up to #frifree4all


You are welcome! Thanks!


I love this. You have such a creative eye for seeing things and looking past what they are to what they can become. It is a talent and your projects are always gorgeous, your home is a huge reflection of your talent! Thanks for linking to #WAYWOW you inspire me!


Thanks Nikki! Have a great week!


So Creative – Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board.


Thanks! And thanks for Pinning!


Thank you for sharing this wonderful bit of craftiness at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Pinned! Hugs


Thanks Katie! And thanks for pinning!


What a creative idea! I love cloches, but not the price! Thank you so much for sharing at The Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop! PINNING-and I’ll be featuring tonight at our party!!!


Thank you so much! I’m so excited!


What a great and creative upcycle! It looks so pretty along with the others. Pinned and Tweeted. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday.


Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I love how the pumpkins look. Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Monday link party. I hope you’ll join us again next week. Sharing your post on Twitter!


Thank you and Thanks for sharing!


Super fun!! Now I want to go thrifting for a cloche collection, teehee. Thanks for coming by the 100th Snickerdoodle Sunday- hope you entered our Amazon Gift Card contest!! And please come back this weekend with your latest makes & bakes.


Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)


I’ve seen a few clocks like that around but they are always missing their dome! So disappointing. I love how you made your own out of other finds. Great idea!


Love these Sherry…gonna head to the thrift store tomorrow!


I love this idea. I do have a couple of the cheese ball plate so I will need to gather up the rest of the supplies and give it a try. They look fantastic.


Sherry, I love cloches but as you say they are so expensive. I have seen lots of those clocks but never thought about using them for that, thanks for the inspiration! I will keep my eyes open on my next visit to the thrift store


Omgee, I’m so in love with the idea. I’ve always loved cloches and always see random glass domes at thrift stores. I’m so going to start picking them up so I can make my own.


I was one of those 80’s brides!! I wish I had kept mine now:( I will be on the look out for one when I hit the thrift stores again. I love cloches, but like you I am not prepared to pay an arm and a leg! Definitely copying your idea!


This is such a great project! I love cloches and they can be pricey. This is a perfect way to get the look for less!


Hi Sherry,


You are so darn creative!! I can’t believe you transformed these cloches so beautifully from those thrift store finds. Bravo on a beautiful job!!!


I love these! They will be featured tomorrow at Your Inspired Design.


Sherry, this repurposed clock into a cloche looks amazing!! Looks right at home with the other 2 cloche. What a lovely collection you have!


Congratulations on being featured this week at Your Inspired Design Link Party. Thanks for sharing your awesome project.


Thank you for featuring my Cloche!


I am so excited to show you this DIY cloche made from dome clock and cheese ball tray for this month’s challenge!


I’ve paired up with a group of talented ladies to bring you a monthly Thrift Store Decor Upcycle Challenge. Each month we will create a new home decor piece from an item(s) we’ve found at a thrift store, yard sale, resale shop etc. There is no budget or specific theme so we are free to let our creativity run wild!


Shirley | Intelligent Domestications Marie | DIY Adulation Lindsay | Crazy Organized


Michelle | Our Crafty Mom Julie | Live From Julie’s House Colleen | Life on Kaydeross Creek


You can also follow our board on Pinterest for more upcycled decor inspiration.


Be sure to check out all of the other creative upcycle projects my fellow bloggers have come up with!


I had been wanting a cloche like you find at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware but of course, I did not want to spend that much money. One cloche might not be that much money but if I bought three, that would add up big! I had previously made 2 cloches from cheese ball trays and candlesticks but I wanted a taller one.


When I saw this old gold plastic clock that I think every bride in the 80’s received as a wedding gift, I knew it would work.


I cleaned the clock well.


I removed all of the clock parts with a screwdriver.


I spray painted the clock white to match my other cloche.


I think it looks awesome with my other two cloche especially decorated for fall. I have added the blog post with the steps to make the other cloches below.


I have been wanting a grouping of cloches for my table. The cost of one may not sound like a lot of money, but when you want a couple, the cost starts adding up. I love that you can change them up for each season, or if you just want a different look. I have seen people use the old cheese ball sets from the 80’s and 90’s and upcycle them to look like the one at the


I went shopping at my favorite thrift stores and finally found one, but I wanted to make two cloches for my table.


I went several times and could not find a second one anywhere. I probably could find one eventually, but I want it now!


If I can’t find what I want, I try to make it. I found a few glass pieces that resemble a dome, so I purchased them. I also thought that I could find a candlestick and paint it for the base. I also need something for the glass to sit on, so I found this wood candle holder that looks like a perfect item to use. Every Thrift Store I have ever been to has plenty of these kinds of things to work with, and it is usually very inexpensive. My cost for both cloches was $5.


You can always find greenery at the stores I shop at. I found a piece of greenery that would be perfect if I picked off the red berries.


To make the choche from the cheese ball plate, I glued the candlestick to the bottom of the plate with glue.


I painted the stand white and let dry before I placed the glass dome on the top.


I wanted the second choche to be taller than the first, so I used a taller candlestick. I spray painted all the wood pieces white and cut some more of my thrift store greenery.


This is a super easy and inexpensive project, and I am so happy with the look of my DIY cloche made from dome clock, cheese ball tray, and random items from the Thrift Store.


Original article and pictures take http://www.savvyapron.com/diy-cloche-made-from-dome-clock-and-cheese-ball-tray site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий