четверг, 25 февраля 2016 г.

Crock-Pot Tomato Sauce

Crock-Pot Tomato Sauce


Crock-Pot Tomato Sauce


Do you ever can this recipe with water bathing method?


I never have. I know other have canned this but not sure their method.


Take top off and continue cooking in crock pot with the top off?


Yes, approximately during the final hour.


Thanks momables! The sauce came out great. I just have to allow a little more time to thicken up more, but it tastes great!


If you use canned crushed tomatoes, the sauce comes out thicker and doesn’t need paste at all. As well, you can substitute honey for sugar but use a little less.


Nice but I’m guessing it will need paste?


what kind of paste?


Just made this, minus the carrots (didn’t have any on hand.) I spooned off most the liquid when I removed the cover. Let it cook without the cover for another 1.5 hours. Turned out GREAT! Just as good as any restaurant marinara. I’ve printed this out and added it to my fav recipes collection. Great way to use up all the extra maters from my garden!!


Have you frozen this recipe? I would like to try it if I can freeze the leftovers. Do you know how long it lasts in the freezer?


Yes, fill freezer zip bags with the sauce and freeze.


How many tomatoes do you use if they are fresh? I have a ton from the garden. Mainly cherry and san marzano. You said I wouldn’t have to peel them or is that because you used the canned ones? I really don’t want the tomatoes to go to waste and I would love to be able to can them. Especially using the crockpot! Thank you, Suzanne


Suzanne, I would say about 4 pounds of tomatoes.


How long will the canned sauce last if stored in the fridge?


Usually 5-7 days once opened.


Amazing. I can use this for my other recipes. Love it.


i made this a couple of weeks ago, and it came out pretty liquid runny. I didnt think anything of it, until i tried to toss some pasta with it and the sauce just fell straight to the bottom of the bowl. any tips to making it a tad thicker or did i do something wrong? either way it tasted delish and I will be using it again for sure.


Add a small can of tomatoes paste, and 1 of tomatoes sauce. That should thicken it up.


Cooking it uncovered longer will also cook off more moisture, allowing it to thicken.


What’s the best way to freeze tomato sauce?


In freezer zip bags. That’s how i freeze them.


Do you need one more reason to love your crock-pot? How about making your own crock pot tomato sauce!


Today I’m sharing how you can make tomato sauce in your crock-pot. Not just any tomato sauce my friends, but a delicious recipe that will lead your family to believe you must have hovered over your hot stove-top all day preparing it. In reality, all you have to do is place some washed tomatoes in the crock-pot (no peeling, seeding, or coring needed), add some seasonings and heat over low for approximately 8 hours. That’s it.


So what are some perks to making tomato sauce in the crock-pot? Below are just a few:


Versatility:


Tomato sauce is very versatile. One batch can be used in several different recipes. Make several batches at once and put the leftovers in cans to be used at a later time. This allows you to quickly throw together a spaghetti dinner on those crazy busy nights.


Here are some suggested recipe from the MOMables blog in which you could incorporate this tomato sauce:


It’s Good For You:


Tomatoes are very good for you. They contain lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant (which is important for protecting your cells & providing immune system support). A cooked tomato contains approximately 6 times as much lycopene as a fresh tomato.


Can Be Made Year Round:


I used canned tomatoes for this recipe, however, you can use fresh.


May Trick Picky Eaters:


My son would tell you he dislikes tomatoes and if I put it on his plate it would most likely trigger his gag reflex. However, one of his favorite meals is…spaghetti. He doesn’t like the texture or taste of a fresh tomato but when it is pureed and broken down and cooked with other seasonings, he gobbles it up. So if your child is anything like my son then this tomato sauce recipe is a great way to sneak in those ingredients your child won’t eat fresh.


The possibilities are truly endless. What are some of your favorite ways to incorporate a good tomato sauce?


Original article and pictures take http://www.momables.com/crock-pot-tomato-sauce site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий