среда, 24 февраля 2016 г.

Creamy Cucumber-Radish Salad

Creamy Cucumber-Radish Salad


Creamy Cucumber-Radish Salad


I made this yesterday to go with a tortilla Española (my first attempt at the latter which turned out not beautiful, but very tasty). I realize that pairing a Spanish dish with an Eastern European dish might be unusual, but I needed something fresh and crunchy to go with the tortilla and I don’t enjoy lettuce-based salads.


HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, this salad is delicious!!! I made a pretty large batch (a whole English cucumber plus 8-10 radishes) and I ate the whole thing that night (two helpings with dinner, one more later on before bed). I can’t wait to make it again!


I used about 3/4 cottage cheese and had to supplement about 1/4 sour cream because I was low on the cottage cheese, and it was scrumptious. Way better and more satisfying than any potato salad I’ve ever had. I will probably add some fresh dill or diced pickles next time (I like tangy, crunchy things in my salad). Thanks for the recipe.


Thank you so much for sharing, Shannon!


My family is German/Polish and we have been eating a salad like this for generations! I like your version and look forward to trying it. My family’s version is only the cucumber and onions with salt and pepper and a dollop of sour cream too. It’s delicious and I bet this one is just as good. Thanks!


Thank you so much, WildOnion! This is my favorite salad, and I am sure you’ll love it too!


Love the step by step instruction with photos. Sometimes it just helps To see what you are trying to create. Great job!!


Thank you so much, Molly! I also prefer step by step photos! Hope you’ll be back for more recipes!


Hello Tania! I think that’s a really good way to describe a recipe. Keep up with sharing your healthy and wasy to make recipes in this way… thanks


Easy


Thank you so much, Derya! I have a really good salad recipe coming up next week! Stay tuned and have a wonderful weekend, friend!


I loved this!! This recipe is one I’ll use often this summer. Thank you!


Thank you so much, Monte! I am happy you loved it!


This sounds delicious and healthy, and although I love cottage cheese, I have a texture challenge when eating it mixed with other thing. I thing I would throw it in my Nutribullet before mixing in with other ingredients, possibly adding some plain Greek yogurt to thin. I might add some fresh dill and a splash of lemon juice for brightness! Got to make it fit me! Thanks for such a treat!


Thanks, Gina! Have a wonderful day, friend!


I pinned this recipe about a month ago and have made it three times. I’m making it again tonight! This is making me eat radishes, which I never do, I love the freshness and ease of this. Growing up we always put seasoned salt on cottage cheese, so I have been making a low-salt alternative and putting that on top instead of the salt and pepper.


That’s awesome! I am happy you enjoy this salad, Corinne!


Thank you Tania! . I’m writing down the ingredients to go shopping tomorrow morning to buy the ingredients. Can’t wait to try the salad!! Sounds so yummy!!!


I would love to try this recipe but am not a fan of cottage cheese. What do you suggest for a replacement? Love the pictures.


Hi Tina! You can use feta cheese instead with no problems. It tastes great! Just add about 2 tablespoons of sour cream to this recipe. Check out this Cucumber-Feta Salad for reference: http://cooktoria.com/recipe/cucumber-and-feta-salad/


Let me know how you enjoyed the salad!


This looks like a great way to use the radishes I have filling up my garden! Thank you!


Thanks, Marilee! Enjoy!


Hi Tania,


I’m curious about how far ahead you can make this salad so it holds up?


Hi Jenn!


This salad doesn’t hold very well and gets soggy fast. Try to make just as much as you are planning to eat. It tastes really great! Bon appetit!


I loooove cottage cheese and this is going to be soooo goooood!!


I I am sure you will loooove this salad, Ann!


I just made this for dinner tonight. I had to put it in the fridge until dinner is ready, but I tasted it first – OH MY GOODNESS! This salad is absolutely delicious! I can hardly wait until dinner, I don’t think I’ll eat anything else!


SUCCESS! I am super happy you loved this salad, Nicole!!! Those scallions pair so well with cottage cheese, don’t they?


Hi and thank you for sharing this recipe! I can’t wait to try it! Unfortunately the only cottage cheese I can tolerate is Daisy brand (all others have additives that I can’t tolerate due to a health condition), and my grocery store doesn’t sell it… I picked up some feta today to try instead. Do you change anything when you make it with feta? I bought a small block of feta today. I am concerned about there not being any liquid this way, but I am very limited in my options, so I am willing to try it. Can you help? Thanks again!


Hi Sarah! You can use fetaa cheese instead with no problems. It tastes great! Just add about 2 tablespoons of sour cream to this recipe. Check out this Cucumber-Feta Salad for reference: http://cooktoria.com/recipe/cucumber-and-feta-salad/


Let me know how you enjoyed the salad!


I came here to ask a similar question about sauce with Feta. I can’t wait to try this recipe, thank you so much for sharing it!


Great! Hope you have a good quality feta, Kat! Let me know how you enjoyed it!


Though I don’t care for cottage cheese, I’m going to try this because I love cucumbers! As for your step-by-step pics? Heck yes! Most of us don’t need them, though, but as one person said, they’re great for a beginning cook. It can mean the difference between a great meal, or an epic fail. I’m sure you’ve heard of The Pioneer Woman… She takes 483 photos of every recipe, lol. Are they all necessary? No. But they sure do help. They give us a visual as to how it’s done & what it’s supposed to look like. So yeah, keep up the great work. Thank you for all the time & effort you put into creating these fantastic recipes!


Hi Denise! I just love this salad so much. The cottage cheese with scallions make amazing combo. Even though you are not a fan of cottage cheese, I suspect you are going to like this one.


Thank you so much for your feedback. I indeed decided to make the step-by-step photos for ALL my recipes. I know, it’s so easy to scroll through the photos and get the idea of what the recipe is about instead of reading the whole thing. Hope you’ll come back for more deliciousness. Cheers!


I am definitely going to try this simple delightful receipe. ..thank you for your time and efforts sharing this!


Thank you for the warm words, Kariinn! Hope you’ll enjoy this salad, my friend!


This salad is amazing thanks for the recipe


Thanks, Amanda! Have a great day, friend!


I read all of the comments and your answers. We are grocery shopping tomorrow, and I can’t wait to try your recipe.


Your colorful step-by-step photos are great! Please keep photos, so your recipes stay in my memory.


Thank you so much, Loretta! I decided to keep the photos, and all my future recipe will come with step-by-step pictures. Hope you will come back for more recipes! Have a great day, friend!


Looks yummy!!! I love all of the ingredients so it should be a slam dunk when I try it. Love the pictures…


Thanks a lot, Sheri! Cannot wait for you to try it!


I love the step by step pics and the salad will be on the menu tomorrow! Thank you!


Thank you so much, Nancy! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


This is the best salad I have come across since I started doing Pinterest and believe me I have lot of salads. Can’t wait to try it. That will be in few days. Thank you so much.


That’s quite a compliment, C.Moore! Thank you so much! I cannot wait to hear how you enjoyed this salad!


I also have a video-recipe on Facebook, that you may find helpful. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/cooktoria/videos/475412029323274/


My made this salad for different occasion and never seen anyone else make it. The difference is she added a little bit of mayo. I loved this salad.


I’ve never had this salad with mayo, but I bet it would be good too!


I can’t wait to try this! I have an old recipe and don’t know the source using cottage cheese, green onions, and pecans. Love this option with more veggies. Your photos are gorgeous and I don’t know that this recipe needed step by step photos I definitely think most do.


Thank you, Judy! Hope you enjoy this salad as much as I did!


just made this for the first time. I was skeptical because I’ve never heard of mixing these items together but now I think this will be a go to salad for lunch. I Also love cottage cheese with cantelope. It’s so refreshing.


That’s awesome news, Pam! I’ve never tried cottage cheese and cantaloupe, but it sounds like a great idea.


I think having step by step pics is a good idea for people learning how to cook. Keep doing this-good idea.


Thank you so much, Sue!


May add tomatoes chopped !


Absolutely! I often add tomatoes too!


I tried this and I loved it!! so clean and fresh


I am so happy, Beth!!! Come back for more recipes!


Loving the photo summary. I often skim recipes too quickly and forget about them come the appropriate mealtime. The pictures stay in my head reminding me what to look for in my recipe bookmark, and what ingredients I need from memory, almost.


Thanks, Lynn! I feel the same way!


Mmm looks yummy.going to try this.


Thank you, Susan! Hope you’ll give this salad a try!


My hubby loves his cucumber and tomato salad but I am sure he will love this even more! I can’t wait to dive head first into this!


Haha! I am sure your husband will enjoy this salad, Jennifer!


This is one of my favorite salads as well, and my go-to salad for when I don’t want to eat leafy vegetables, but I have never tried it with cottage cheese! I like that idea, to add a little protein, texture, flavor to the salad.


I like the step by step pictures – they look lovely – but they might not be necessary for an easier recipe like this one where you can tell from looking at the final picture how to slice the cucumbers, radishes, etc. But for some recipes where you can’t tell exactly how to chop things, or if there is trickier technique or exotic ingredient involved (how do you get the artichoke heart??), then the step by step pictures are really helpful, especially for newer cooks. It also depends on how much extra time it takes you and how much you enjoy doing the step-by-step posts!


Cottage cheese works really well in this salad. Hope you’ll give it a try, Kate!


I love making the step-by-step photos. Of course, it takes some extra time. I also use the same images to make a video compilation for Facebook.


Thank you for the feedback, dear!


You know, I’ve never thought about utilizing cottage cheese like this, but I must say, it looks SO GOOD!


Thanks, Karly!


I love cottage cheese for lunch! My favorite is to mix it with cucumber, tomatoes, and dill. Looks like I need to swap in some radish next time for a change!


I love cottage cheese with berries for breakfast and in a salad for lunch.


This looks healthy and refreshing — perfect for the upcoming bathing suit season. Would it be ok to add a little garlic and maybe some lemon zest or fresh herbs?


Garlic sounds like an interesting addition. I am going to give it a try, Lisa.


Radishes are one of my favorites. I love how simple and light this salad is. It’s perfect for the coming hot days!


Thank you, Shadi! I am making this salad every week.


I make it a priority to eat lots of vegetables but I must say radishes are not my favorite. I try to eat them because I know how nutritious they are so I love this recipe because it sounds like a delicious way to enjoy them.


Thanks! I love radishes, Sara. They are so crunchy and succulent.


Sara, I like them in something like this. But best way to eat radishes is roasted. I can’t wait to try this as is…but I also plan to roast some, chill and try it that way. That sounds like heaven to me. Give it a try.


I’ve never tried roasted radishes, Laurie. What a great idea! Sounds super yummy!


Hi Tania,


This is my 1st visits to your website. …and when I saw the “Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad” I knew I’d found “home”.I’ve bookmarked your website and will be coming back often. And I will most certainly make this Creamy Cucumber – Radish salad SOON …I believe I have most if not ALL of the ingredients now!


This seems to be a variation of a beloved salad my Grandma & Mom used to make for me when I was just a little kid. And I love ALL the ingredients separately so if one brings them in the “all together” WOW! I KNOW this is going to be SENSATIONAL dish! Truly, I will be making this within the week!


…Oh and do PLEAZZZE KEEP THE STEP BY STEP photos, I know it takes extra time for you… But it’s sooooo much easier to “see” what were trying to tell to do – – who was it that said “…a picture is worth a thousand words”


Cheers!


Deb


Dear Deb! THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a warm comment! I am so honored that you bookmarked my site! My grandma used to make this salad literally every day during the summer when I was growing up. She called it “farmers salad”. I especially like the combination of scallion and cottage cheese. Yum! Feel free to add some tomatoes as well. They work really good in this recipe.


I’ve been also trying to make those minute-long videos for Facebook, instead of step-by-step pictures (here is an example: https://www.facebook.com/cooktoria/videos/482950928569384/ ), and I also tried combining the pictures into a video recipe (here is a video for this salad: https://www.facebook.com/cooktoria/videos/475412029323274/ ). Check those out if you have a chance and let me know what do you like better!!!


Cheers!


Tania


This is a healthy combination of refreshing cucumbers, crunchy radishes and creamy cottage cheese. This is a MUST TRY salad recipe this summer!


Hello friends! Allow me to introduce you to this fresh and creamy cucumber-radish salad. Growing up in Ukraine I ate this salad almost every day during hotter months of the year. It is probably the #1 summer salad in Ukraine, and for a good reason. It is easy to make, healthy and super delicious. I bet you’ll love it!


There are a lot of variations of this salad, but this is my favorite one. We (read: the Ukrainians) often add some chopped tomatoes to this salad, which works well too. I think the best part is the combination of cottage cheese and scallions. My Bulgarian husband prefers feta over cottage cheese, so you can certainly try it with feta too.


To make this delicious salad you’ll need:


2 medium cucumbers,


6-7 radishes,


1 bunch of scallions,


1 cup of cottage cheese


salt and pepper.


1. Peel, half, seed, and slice cucumbers.


2. Wash and thinly slice the radishes.


4. Place all the ingredients into a medium salad bowl and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.


6. Stir everything together and the salad is ready!


I am trying out some new things on Cooktoria these days, and I would like to know if you guys are enjoying the new step-by-step photos of the recipes. I think it’s a useful addition that allows you to glance through the photographs and capture what the recipe involves in just a few seconds, but, at the same time, I don’t want to clutter the post. I would greatly appreciate your feedback, so don’t be shy and share your opinion in the comments section.


Original article and pictures take http://cooktoria.com/recipe/creamy-cucumber-radish-salad site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий