понедельник, 1 февраля 2016 г.

Bourbon Peach Jam with Vanilla Bean

Bourbon Peach Jam with Vanilla Bean


Bourbon Peach Jam with Vanilla Bean


Can I use regular Sure Gel instead of the liquid sure gel?


I wish I could say but since I used the liquid I can’t for sure. Maybe the Sure Gel website would help with that modification?


Barb, this recipe just might be the one I choose to be my first venture into canning. Canning has always intimidated me and your instructions seem simple enough. I will make this over the weekend. I miss Colorado but I have to admit that I am enjoying life here in the Charlotte, NC area.


Peak peaches here in St. Louis, too. We’ve been getting plenty of good local ones (from Eckert’s). Love the combo of bourbon and peach. This jam is, well, a peach of a recipe. Thanks!


I would DEFINITELY finish off all the jars in the first week! This looks fabulous Barb! I know what I’ll be making with the last of summer’s peaches


Forget the old adage of ‘When life hand you lemons, make lemonade.’ This month I’m going with ‘When life hands you peaches, make this Bourbon Peach Jam with Vanilla Bean.’ And life has handed me a ton of peaches! Perfect timing for this week’s Food Network theme for #SummerSoiree. You want peaches…we’ve got peaches. Be sure to check out the recipes from other participants at the bottom of the post.


Maybe one of Colorado’s best kept secrets is our amazing peaches. Not produced in the abundance that Georgia peaches are, they are mostly shipped to all points in Colorado and though not heralded like their southern cousins, they should be! Grown on the Western Slope (the west side of the Rockies), they are subjected to warm days and cool night and that makes them sweet and juicy and seriously the best I’ve ever had. I decided to include some Fireside Bourbon from Mile High Spirits; made in Colorado of course!


One thing that would typically keep me from making this jam might be the tedium of peeling 20 peaches. But wait!! Peaches (and tomatoes) are actually so easy to peel. Simply cut a crosshatch in the bottom and blanch them for 1 minute in boiling water. Remove them from the water and dunk them in a big bowl of ice water to cool and voila…the peel will have started to curl back where it was cut and it’s as easy as just slipping that sucker off!


I first tried it on an English Muffin and then I had English Muffins for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then I tasted some on vanilla ice cream. I believe swoon would be the word. This week I’m going to use a jar to make the peach barbecue sauce in this recipe for smoked chicken. It was good with store-bought peach preserves; I can’t wait to try it with homemade Bourbon Peach Jam!


I call them drip down your chin peaches; that pretty much sums up how they are eaten…unless you take a bit of time and make this A-MAY-ZING peach jam. How good is it? I made 6 pounds of peaches into jam and I swear I’m going to have to hide it from myself. I’m giving it away to protect the innocent (me) from finishing it all off in the first week. Bourbon, vanilla bean and brown sugar are so perfect with peaches there simply are no adequate words…OK, maybe yummaliciousness works but still does not completely convey how stunning this jam is.


Creative Culinary: Bourbon Peach Jam with Vanilla Bean (You’re Here!)


The Heritage Cook: No Churn Fresh Peach Ginger Ice Cream (Gluten-Free)


Devour: 5 Peachy-Keen Savory Summer Dishes


TasteBook: Peach Bruschetta with Prosciutto


In Jennie’s Kitchen: Peach Blueberry Tart


Taste with the Eyes: One Ingredient Transforms The Classic Greek Salad (peaches)


The Lemon Bowl: Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats


Original article and pictures take http://www.creative-culinary.com/bourbon-peach-jam-vanilla-bean site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий